Adding a new Binder
The “Add Binder” window holds the parameters of a binder, including the custom columns and evaluation criteria for coverage. The details set in this area are applied to all reports held by this binder.
- Navigate to the Binder View (Menu > Binders) and click the “Add” button on the left of the list of binders.
- From the “Add Binder” window, enter the binder name in the field labelled “Name” at the top of the screen.
If you are still ironing out the custom elements of the binder you can save it now by clicking the “save” checkmark in the top right corner of the window and come back later to complete the setup.
Create custom columns and quality metrics that focus on what matters most.
Your success metrics should always be front and centre in your reporting. It’s easier to focus on your performance drivers if the data in your analyses and reports is customized to what you care about. A particularly powerful way to customize is to create your very own columns.
Before you can include custom fields and quality criteria in a report, they must first be defined in the report’s binder. Each binder allows for up to 10 custom fields, and up to 10 custom Quality Criteria to be tracked.
Creating custom headings
When setting up a custom heading, specify its name, data type, and active status. Custom headings have the following configuration values:
- Name – the name of the custom field as it will appear in your report column.
- Type – determines the type of data and how the custom value will be displayed in reports. Select from the following options.
- Text (“abc…”)
- Number Whole (“123”)
- Decimal (“25.52”)
- Currency (“$123.61”)
- Boolean (“True/False”)
- DateTime (“mm/dd/yyyy”)
- Active – whether the custom field value will be available for use in reports.
Creating custom MRP quality criteria
When setting up custom MRP quality criteria, specify its name and active status. Custom MRP Quality Criteria have the following configuration values:
- Name – the name of the Quality Criteria as it will appear in your reports.
- Active – whether the custom Quality Criteria will be available for use in reports.
Editing an existing binder
- Navigate to the Binder View (Menu > Binders) and click the “Edit” button on the left of the list of binders.
- From the “Edit Binder” window, make your modifications and click the “save” checkmark to commit your changes.
Once you define a custom heading or MRP quality criteria, avoid changes to the name or data type that will affect it’s meaning. Learn more about how Changing custom data settings can affect your reporting.